I have no experience with chrome... I've heard there is a decent chrome
shop down in Asbury Park.  I keep meaning to bring him an old hubcap or two
as a trail, but can't seem to make it down there.

I have a guy in Paterson who does excellent cad, zinc, and nickel work.
Its cheap enough that its not worth messing with on my own and his meets
military specs.

Jaime

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 9:38 AM Meade Dillon via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Can't offer any advice on the kit. Breaking new ground?  Maybe Jaime has
> some input?
> -------------
> Max
> Charleston SC
>

> On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 9:31 AM Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > Having looked into chrome (re)plating for some small pieces for my W111 I
> > am wondering how viable doing it myself is. It looks like these guys have
> > the process pretty well down for the DIY’er, and for the cost of the
> > kit/materials I would need for the parts I need plated I would be well
> > ahead of the game compared to sending them out for replating.
> >

> https://www.caswellplating.com/electroplating-anodizing/chrome-plating-kits/triple-chrome-plating-kits.html
> >
> > About the largest pieces I need to replate are the rear bumper
> overriders.
> > Otherwise, everything else that needs replating is quite a bit smaller.
> I’m
> > lucky in that nothing on the car is pitted as far as the plated parts,
> the
> > chrome is just aged and worn from exposure to the sun and heat of AZ. The
> > surfaces are quite smooth and without any physical damage, so I think
> they
> > would be good candidates for replating.
> >
> > If anyone has any experience with this sort of thing I would be
> interested
> > in hearing about it. I’m not 100% convinced this is the way to go, as
> some
> > parts I can find in good shape overseas, but that’s hit or miss. Heck,
> > Mercedes still has the bumper overriders if I want to buy them new. For
> > around $700/each, that is…
> >
> > -D

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/