So I decided to fart around with this SDL I picked up a while back that runs
like crap, seems like it’s only running on about 4 cylinders. In looking at the
IP somebody at some point tried to do delivery valve seals except they did not
have he socket. The things were chewed up and I had a hard time getting the
socket on them. The #1 delivery valve did not appear to have the copper washer
and the spring was broken. The rest of them appeared to be OK as far as no
missing parts but all of them were tightened down so much it was difficult to
remove them. I did the job using holders from a spare parts IP. When I fired
the car up, it’s still running like crap. I loosened each line and determined
it seems the issue with with #2. There is no fuel at all coming out of that
port out of the IP. I took that valve back apart and everything seemed fine but
I went ahead and swapped out the upper barrel with another one and still no
fuel coming out of that port. What could be the issue? Maybe they somehow
pulled the lower part which has to be oriented a specific way. On several of
the holes I did notice little metal flakes probably from slight damage to the
threads from over tightening. All the valve holders when back in just fine. I
fear I may end up just having to swap the IP.

Sent from my iPhone