There was discussion of this in a recent Sports Car Market mag (12/18) about
investment vs. enjoyment of supercars.  My take away was that a real car lover
drives his vehicle and extracts maximum enjoyment in use of the tool, with the
tool will just plop down a stack of cash and store away the investment until he
tires of having it around, or acquired it for the sole purpose of flipping it
for a quick buck.  There are many example of flippers who paid at the peak of
the market and now being stuck with something with diminished valuation because
the poor car keeps being shopped around to auction after auction with no sales,
and either came off BaT or ends up on BaT.

clay monroe