So, how does this work if I live there and go out of state and buy a set of
snow tires with studs, on my own rims, throw them in the trunk, then put
them on when there is ice?  For the next 20 years?  Is there going to be
"Stud police" to check everyones tires?

Sometimes the practical application of a law overwhelms me.... any thoughts?