Kaleb,

      I'm not sure what has been swapped.  Those seats look exactly like the
ones in my 1980 300SD and they are original and they are leather.  Of course,
my wife paid around $3K to replace the leather and pads front and rear less
than a year after we purchased the car.  Yes, it's her car so I had to grin and
bare it.  The seats are still great tho' after over 20 years.  I never cared
for the wider, flatter 126 seats that always seemed to split at the seams.

Best Wishes,

Roger

Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.