Have you tried measuring the bearings OD, ID, and Width  and calling the
measurements and description into a bearing supply store? A cheap slide ruler,
preferably with a metric scale, will usually provide accurate enough
measurements. You might want to specify "high speed sealed bearing".
Gerry

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 23:18:38 -0600
Curley McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> it is time...again.   1987 300D OM603
>
> I knocked out the bearing.  It is a dual row ball bearing, FAG 565593. I
> can't find that number anywhere.  I suspect it is a special bearing just
> for this application.  german websites yielded nothing also.
>
> so, it looks like I have to order the whole unit 6012001773
>
> There is also a later version without the big bearing.  I thought
> someone posted that the later version will work in the earlier engines.
> Anyone know if this is so?  the part number is 6062000073
> <https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/6062000073>
>
> Last time I put in a used one I had.  Now all I have is old ones with
> rattly bearings.
>
> THANKS.

---
https://www.avg.com