IIRC from my weather lessons in ground school, the winds on the coasts
switch direction every morning and night. In the middle of that switch,
they stop dead. How to keep the kite out of the water then? I guess you
have to go higher - longer wires, more resistance, more forces, etc. Even
with my limited time in the air, I can tell you that it does unexpected
things frequently, and should never be under-estimated.

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 9:41 PM G Mann via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> If you have the dreaded "greenie weenie" will Penicillin cure that?
> [sarcasm folks....]
>
> Kite wind gennies, anchored off shore in the open sea... A little question
> comes to mind...
>
> How do you get the generated power back to land and into the grid to be
> useful, cheaply?
>

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 7:03 PM Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > I am offended by the term green weanie
> >
> > On 2/19/2019 4:05 PM, Clay Monroe via Mercedes wrote:
> > > Green weanies will march with torches and pitchforks to defend the
> super
> > wonderful tidal flow scenic environments.  The Salish Sea has a few
> strong
> > resources, but opposition would not give a flaming tossed toast about the
> > New Green dealeo.
> > >

> > > clay monroe

> > what I'm looking for didn't fall out.

> > be done on a practical basis.  Look at places in the world like the Bay
> of
> > Fundy, where there are huge tidal flows daily and they’re very
> predictable.
> > Better yet, while the flows do change on a daily basis, a portion of them
> > are at night, which gives this approach a leg up over solar when it comes
> > to renewable energy.

> > ---
> > https://www.avg.com

OK Don