On Apr 4, 2006, at 10:57 AM, Richard Hattaway wrote:

Johnny B. overlooks the ideal reason (and maybe only) to use a very
very small skim of Hylomar when installing any gasket.. it keeps the
darn thing in place while you move stuff around.

Richard

No, I use locating pins that screw into head bolt holes which are removed with a left hand threaded knurled rod. I made up several different sizes on my lathe, years ago. They are very short so one does not have to lift the head as high as some guide pins I have seen in more recent years.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am