100% veggie oil unheated is VERY BAD idea. I would think the viscosity would
blow your injectors - or the IP...

  An aside: I bought a Viskositätsmeßer (German viscosity meter) to make  sure
my blends weren't too thick when I was using my 240D test vehicle  (now sold).
But, I never used it. I did over do the mixture on the last  tank and had a
heck of a time starting (series plugs don't help)...but  even at that mix
level, I don't think there was a viscosity problem, it  was a flash point
problem.

  Chris

Levi Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  I'll agree with that.  Blends (i.e. NOT
100% veggie) are much more
likely to not have any issues long-term.  That said, I've still heard
that it's a bit "iffy" and if anyone has real long-term data from it.
Still, I use a greasecar kit so I start and stop on diesel and only run
veg when heated.
That said, I would be fairly likely to try a 50% blend for a while.
Whereas I would not run 100% veg(unheated) any farther than I had to.

Levi (:
83' 300D

Christopher McCann wrote:
>  If the mix is not too "rich" with oil and you run some BioD every once  and
> a while to clean out the gumming (or Diesel Purge), I don't THINK  there
> should be any problem.
>
>   Chris
>
> Jeff Zedic  wrote:  BZZZT wrong....what work will you need to do in 15k??
>
> The car will runb fine on veggie oil like that. The OM603 has a fuel
> heater built in.
>
> If you'd like to point us to actual FACTS that would be appreciated!
>
> Go ahead and throw it in! You'll like it!
>

> Jeff Zedic
> Toronto
> 87 300TD

> Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
> -2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
> -1987 300TD, 151K, "Rotkäppchen"
> -1985 300SD, 212K, "Wulf"
> -1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
> -1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1987 300TD, 151K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 212K, "Wulf"
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice.