Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
Have not had it low enough to see if the low fuel light comes on or not. It does start moving off full right away, and also doesnt seem to ever go all the way to full

All but one of my 201s (my 190D 2.5t drops much faster and reads empty when there is still 3-4 gallons in the tank) stays above the top full mark for the first 75+ miles. When the needle reaches the 1/2 mark, the tank should take ~7.5 gallons (+/- 1/2 gallon).

The reserve lights on all of my cars have been VERY reliable and accurate (indicating that there is just 1.85 gallons left in my 201s) even when the gauge was WAY off (when the indicated fuel level dropped VERY quickly). I all of my car I can expect to go further than 50 miles after the reserve light illuminates and in the 5 speeds I've driven more than 75 miles.

I wouldn't trust that if you're not sure that the tank is free of algae as if the tank strainer is partially clogged (or if the supply and return lines have been reversed), the engine will be fuel starved even when there is fuel left in the tank.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)