I went back and started messing with it and found that if I jammed stuff down
in the groove of the windlace frame like it will be when installed that is
tightened up well enough to pull nearly all of the creases. Wetting and drying
will be a last resort - I think it will be OK.

Getting ready to dye it right now.

Thanks!

-D