Absolutely - there is a silver lining!

It starts and stops intermittently, and is definitely not coming up to speed. I
could hear and feel this when I was under the car. This could be:

Galled impeller
Clogged supply line or screen
Bad bearing(s)
Bad brushes

There are plenty of sources for rebuild kits, which appear to run in the $75
range, which isn’t bad at all. Since it does run, albeit poorly, I’m hoping the
electrical parts are OK as pretty much anything else can be dealt with short of
a bum impeller, which is rare based on the research I’ve done so far.

Since I’m stoked about getting started on the reassembly of the interior, I’ll
be getting an early start tomorrow and tearing into the pump right away. Worst
case scenario if I have to wait on a rebuild kit, I can still work on the
interior….

-D