I got my '67 200D about 1972 and sold it about 1987. The speedo was broken when I got it, but it probably had over 400,000 miles on it when it was sold. I still miss the 33 mpg it got driving around town.

Do you use the flat or the round end of the BIG hammer as a buck bar? The round end of mine has a small flat spot on the round end
GerryA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Loren Faeth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I forgot to mention the BIG (16-24 oz) hammer behind the link as an anvil,
as Jim mentioned.  Use a 6-8 oz ball peen.

Yeah, if you know the principle of cold riveting is lots of blows with a
fairly light hammer, then you can do it with no problem.  I have no
intention of spending 180-200 bucks for a special tool.

When did you get your 200D?  When did you get rid of it.

I got my 62 190 D in 1971 and sold it in 1972.  Bought my 200D in 72 and
still have it.  Bought and junked or sold several others in the
meantime. On Dec 7, 1991 I bought the Hawaiian 200D in Hawaii Kai and then
we put the OM 616 in it in 98.  It is my son's car now.  My original 200D
is still the most stable car in all weather conditions I have ever
driven.  But the SDL is sure nice!