maybe the heater valves were not set right.  On the 110/111/112 the heater valves have 2 settings.  One is warm climates.  it is good to about 30º.   the other is for frigid zones.  It will cook you out when it is 20 below on full heat.  But when it is in the off position, there is still some heat. (Not fun when it is 90+ without air conditioning.)  But you can switch over spring and fall.  run the warm climate setting in summer and run the frigid zone  setting in the winter.  Maybe the 115 has similar settings?