i've straightened several MB trans pans.

Mitch Haley via Mercedes wrote on 3/31/19 11:19 AM:
Used to see that on Borg-Warner transaxles in Saabs all the time.
Guy I worked for had a bunch of Napoleon hat shaped thick washers made up to
spread out the clamping forces so he could torque them down without denting
them.
I preferred to just tap them flat with a 8oz ball pein (ball end) and torque
them to (barely snug) spec. It's not that hard to knock the overtorque dents
out of a thin pan rim with the ball pein.
Just carefully taptaptap until it looks good.
Mitch.