Here's an idea.  Turn on your smart phone video recorder, place it so it has a
good view of the window where the drain should appear.  Rotate the engine at
the front while reading out loud the crank pointer readings.  Review the
recording, you'll have a good idea of where the drain is.  Problem: Does the
balancer have markings over all 360 degrees?
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC