Insurance companies' intended customers are salvage yards / used parts dealers.

Seems the reasonable thing to do with most of the burn cars would be to have
them hauled to a scrap metal dealer instead of the salvage auction. I can't
imagine selling a single part off a car that literally burned to the ground.

I wanted to buy a Delorean a couple of years ago.
I clicked on the item page because I thought somebody had posted a picture of a
roadkilled animal by mistake and I was curious as to what it was. It didn't
even look like a motor vehicle in the thumbnail sized pic, but in the full
sized pics you could make out some car parts in the melted rubble.

The $60 minimum bid wasn't a deterrent, but the cost to haul it home from
Kentucky was.
I thought it'd look great hanging on the garage wall under a sign that said
"1.21 Gigawatts, Baby!". I forgot to watch the auction and see what it sold
for.