Wouldn't have helped in my case as I lost that whole column of keys, esc,
tilde, tab, caps lock, left shift and fn. It'd have had to map it to the other
side of the keyboard, maybe the option key.Eventually I sucked it up and got a
replacement. I've been much more careful with food debris since then.

-Curt

    On Monday, May 6, 2019, 2:56:31 PM EDT, Craig via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 On Mon, 6 May 2019 18:33:37 +0000 (UTC) Curt Raymond via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

>  I really enjoy typing on those keyboards but they're known to be weak.
> I had one where the whole left most column of keys quit working, its
> okay to go without that shift key but losing ESC was a problem... -Curt

When I was working at the University of Texas' Applied Research
Laboratory, where Macs were used almost exclusively, there was an
application which would remap the escape function to the back single
quote/tilde key.

The undergrads liked it because they wouldn't have to reach so far for
the escape key. I disliked it because it took away the back single
quote/tilde key, which I used a lot when logged onto the large unix
machine (and which I still do in Linux).

Craig