My buddy's 79 450SL tranny has started acting up -- holding (what I think is) the 2-3 shift at 35-40mph. He says it does not shift right sometimes, will rev much higher, then shift. I have not yet driven the car to see what it is doing, but suggested first thing is a new filter/M1 fluid change. See what that does, about due for it anyway.

? is -- Is this tranny like the 79 TD's, vac shifted? Maybe a bad connection? Modulator, etc. that goes bad? These could be easy fixes I guess, would not indicate something more dire. (OK that is maybe 3 ?s but they are all kinda the same)

Thoughts?

--R