Don’t know what it is about this vehicle… it seems to want to test me every
time I touch it, and while everything seems to end well for the most part, it’s
really frustrating.

Got my Cardone caliper this afternoon, so I figured I would cool off the garage
and put it on along with the new coolant reservoir.

Go to drain the cooling system and can’t find the darned drain on the radiator.
Weird. Get on the computer to find that there is a plastic petcock on the front
left side of the radiator. OK, I can do that.

Not.

I find the petcock, but I can’t turn it. It’s a plastic tab that you turn to
unscrew the valve out to open it, and it’s in a really tight space in the front
behind the bumper. I finally get a crescent wrench on it and carefully turn,
fully expecting it to snap off. It doesn’t. Relief! But there’s barely a
trickle of coolant coming out of the drain. I turn some more, and more coolant
comes out, but it’s hardly anything of significance. And yes, I had taken the
cap off of the reservoir prior to opening the drain.

I turn it a few more times alternating between a monkey wrench and a crescent
wrench to turn it. Coolant is coming out now, but not a big gush. Hmm.

So I work on replacing the coolant reservoir. Not bad, a few hoses were
reluctant to come off, but I got them off without damage eventually. Installed
the new reservoir, not a big deal.

I move to the right rear to do the caliper. I break the hose fitting first, and
it comes loose without issue (thank you, Kroil!!!) Get the caliper bolts out no
problem. Disconnect the wear indicator connector. Remove the caliper and
unscrew it from the hose. Screw the hose into the new caliper and mount the
caliper back on the backing plate. Tighten hose. It’s got a bit of tension on
it, so I soaked the hard line fitting where it meets the hose in anticipation
for breaking this union and rotating the hose to relieve some of the tension on
it.

Nope, not going to tempt Fate tonight.

Get the rear caliper all tightened down and hook up my power bleeder. I really
wanted to bleed the whole brake system, as the fluid looked terrible, but I had
barely half a liter on the shelf so I didn’t want to run out. Something for the