I discovered the glue trick when I rented a back hoe with 18 ply tires,
during a building tear down. Managed to collect 16 nails in one tire, less
in the other 3, so, by mid afternoon, I had a rented reach backhoe with 4
flat tires [big ones] and rendered un-serviceable.
Rental contract said, I would be charged for picking up the tractor with
flat tires [$$$$$$ expensive pickup] So, I went to FLAPS and stocked up on
plug materials, pulled nails, plugged the tires, had a job air compressor
to air them up. It worked, back in business in about 1 hr. I clipped the
plug part sticking out of the tires and when rental was collected, it drove
onto their delivery truck, rental company never complained, so saved my
bacon. Tire pressure on the backhoe was 90 psi, so if it was going to leak,
it would have.