Suggest an experiment.  Make a couple burn cups from old soup cans.  Pour
equal amounts in each, one diesel fuel and one used motor oil.  Just an
ounce or so.  Cans need to be squeaky clean before you start.

Burn up both the fuel and the oil, use a propane torch to get them going.

Rub your fingers in the bottom of the can when the fire is out, see how
abrasive it is.
Max
Charleston SC