From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of archer75---
via Mercedes
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2019 4:27 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: arche...@embarqmail.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] trust fund?

The sovereign citizen movement is a loose grouping of American and Commonwealth
litigants, commentators, tax protesters, and financial-scheme promoters.
Self-described "sovereign citizens" see themselves as answerable only to their
particular interpretation of the common law and as not subject to any
government statutes or proceedings.[1] In the United States, they do not
recognize U.S. currency and maintain that they are "free of any legal
constraints".[2][3][4] They especially reject most forms of taxation as
illegitimate.[5] Participants in the movement argue this concept in opposition
to the idea of "federal citizens", who, they say, have unknowingly forfeited
their rights by accepting some aspect of federal law.[6] The doctrines of the
movement resemble those of the freemen on the land movement more commonly found
in the Commonwealth, such as in Britain and in Canada.[7][8][9][10]

Many members of the sovereign citizen movement believe that the United States
government is illegitimate.[11] JJ MacNab, who writes for Forbes about
anti-government extremism, has described the sovereign-citizen movement as
consisting of individuals who believe that the county sheriff is the most
powerful law-enforcement officer in the country, with authority superior to
that of any federal agent, elected official, or local law-enforcement
official.[12] This belief can be traced back to white-extremist groups like
Posse Comitatus and the constitutional militia movement.[13]
Gerry
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement
> I see these declarations that people send in to the County Clerk to notify
> the clerk that they’re a “sovereign citizen” and not subject to the laws and
> other stuff that normal people are. They’re usually an 8-10 page rant with
> all sorts of flowery Latin phrases and other bizarre stuff.
>
> Apparently, part of the process is to have these claims recorded by the local
> clerk so you’re on record as being a sovereign citizen, then no one can make
> claims against you and you can tell the government to piss off.
>
> Yeah, I wonder how that works out for them long term…they do make a good
> read, however.
>
> -D
>

> > On May 31, 2019, at 9:32 PM, Peter Frederick via Mercedes
> > <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > The usual wacko sovereign citizen nutty stuff.  These days, probably
> > promulgated by Internet Research Agency (aka the KGB, hostile actions
> > section).
> >
> > Way too much booze and weed combined with serious mental health issues, it
> > kicks up fairly regularly along with flying cars and dirigibles.
> >
> > Peter

---
https://www.avg.com