And just rotting vegetation if it is warm there. I was at my son's house last week and he had a partial bag of lawn mower clippings in the garage that smelled terrible. I tossed it outside. He was concerned that the paper yard waste bag would fall apart if it was rained on but I was more concerned that composting grass gets hot and could cause a fire. Not sure there is any real risk of that but better safe than sorry.