> Floyd wrote:

> Since I have to do mechanical work anyway is there anyway
> possible to make a 80 300d non turbo get 40-45 mpg overdrive
> transmission different air intake whatever please help thanks in
> advance

Yup.  Upgrade the pistons, ceramic coat the pistons, upgrade the
oiling system, add a dual turbo or a variable displacement turbo,
remove all the extra weight in the car.  Seat cushions, door
panels, head liner, spare tire.  Cut out all un-needed sheet
metal.  Doors, hood, roof, floor - anyplace possible.  Improve the
aerodynamics by reshaping the back window and truck, remove
exterior mirrors, hood ornament.  Then tune and setup so the turbo
is contributing at 1500 RPM and gear it so at 1500 RPM the road
speed is no more than 45 MPH.  Never drive faster, learn from the
hypermilers how to squeeze distance from fuel.  That should get
you to at least 40 miles per gallon.