I’ll defer to others with more current knowledge, but I would suggest a
Mercedes C4 SD Connect system. I have a C3, which is hardwired via serial port,
but the C4 can do WiFi with the MUX, I believe.

I looked on Ali Baba and eBay. Ali Baba had some deals under $400-$500, but the
prices on eBay were stupid. Not sure what that’s about. Try your “BangGood”
guys and see if there’s anything there. You could also post a “want to buy” on
BW and see what you get, maybe someone has a C3 or C4 system they want to get
rid of.

The computer is the easy part, you gotta have the MUX and cables to do it. I
would suggest trying to buy a complete system rather than cobble something
together out of different sources, as with a complete system you’ll have
someone to go back to if you have issues.

-D