I did not use the hose clamps.  I used the apollo type pex clamps that you crimp on one side. Think fountain soda hoses.   The other type is a ring that is compressed  similar to a hose ferrule.

I did find a cure for the threads.  I took everything apart and used Permatex clear RTV as dope.   Let it cure an hour, and no leaks.   One of the leaking 3/4" Pex mains, I took off the hose, put the RTV on the brass fitting. put the hose on and single clamped it.  It appears to be holding.

I do not trust sharkbites in walls at all, unless it is a fix n flip situation where the future is someone else's problem.  The oring WILL deteriorate.   It is only a question of when.