This is a quote of mine from a recent BW Vintage forum post:

However, many of the sites you’ll find online, such as
https://www.mboemparts.com <https://www.mboemparts.com/> for example, are web
front ends for the dealers that Mercedes offers to them. This particular one is
for MB of Naperville, IL, for example, and they offer very good prices and
often free or discounted shipping.

Watch out for eBay. I say that because there seem to be many sellers there who
are selling NOS parts for stupid money that are readily available from Mercedes
for far less. A good example are the trunk tristars. I’ve seen them offered on
eBay in excess of $100, yet you can buy a brand new one at list price from
Mercedes for under $50.

This is why I use the sequence of:

Look up part in EPC or parts manual

Use Mercedes Classic Center parts search engine to determine availability from
Mercedes

If not available from Mercedes, perform a Google search using the part number
and “Mercedes” - like this : Mercedes 0009896754 This will often yield sources
for both new and used versions, if available. If not, too bad.

Do not use US dealer parts sites for searching parts availability - always use
the Classic Center parts search. Why? Because the dealers are responsible for
maintaining their parts sites, and if they don’t keep them current you’ll often
find a search for a part coming back as good with a price when it was
discontinued a year ago. You won’t find out until you try to order it and they
come back to you a week later to cancel the order.

There’s a definitive method of doing this I have found that has worked for me
for years. You can go your own way, but you’ll burn a lot of calories chasing
down stuff that no longer exists.

-D