Went out and washed the SL600 this morning and after doing that decided to see what was going on with the AC not cooling. Dumped a can and a half of refrigerant in it (after having to use the googs to figure out where the low side tap was -- hiding under the driver side air box down low which has to be removed to get at it, things are tight in there) and lo the AC now BLOWS ICE COLD! Quick and easy once I learned where the port was.  So that is nice when it rains and I have to have the windows up as I still have not removed the hard top and sorted out the soft top.  I'm going to drive it this afternoon, storms around, so that will be nice if I have to put the windows up.  I'll monitor it, might be some leaks in the system but for now it is nice and cool on these hot muggy Lowcountry days and nights.

I also popped on an antenna base cover which I had ordered a coupla weeks ago.  I ordered what I thought was the right thing some time ago but it turned out to be the conical rubber "grommet" that the antenna goes through, that mounts in the fender.  So that looks nice and took 3 seconds, a huge job!

And who among us does not love the straight up hood feature on Benzes?

--
--FT