I put the film on the R107 euro lights.  Hard enough finding the glass, so a
worthy investment.

Are the w124 lights on the wagon not the same as those that would have come on
the 94/95 w124?  If the glass is a rare  or hard to source item, film would
give a modicum on protection.  Installation is much the same as application of
window tint.  PIA to chase bubbles, so get it right the first time.  Make sure
it is perfect, of the dust and schmutz will find a way to accumulate under the
film and between

clay.