> On July 11, 2019 at 3:12 PM Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:

> Would you prefer to buy a car with 160k on the clock or 274k on the clock? If
> they put a crate engine in it then logic would dictate they roll the odometer
> back to zero, right?

Unfortunately I've seen that done.
And on C/L, I've seen cars advertised as "125k miles on engine" with no
disclosure in the ad of total miles.

What gets me is some of the ones that tell the whole story:
At 65k miles, the engine was replaced with a 15k mile engine from a junkyard...
(ok, now tell me why I'd want to buy a car that was previously owned by the
sort of person who ruins an engine in 65k miles)