So I find I need a serpentine belt tensioner for our '93 E300D/2.5 Turbo.

The old part says it's 601 202 06 28, but I cannot find that on the 'net.

I went to the on-line EPC and finally found the engine parts at
http://mbepc.net/1/m/om/502/602962 and the BELT TIGHTENER, ENGINE COOLING
SYSTEM Schema at http://mbepc.net/1/m/om/502/602962/0/20/045.

[Thank you, Dan, for mentioning it in one of your emails!]

There are multiple parts on that schema, but the one which looks the
closest is A 601 200 17 73. That has several hits. Some of the parts are
Uro (which is the only thing Rock Auto has and which I reject out-of-hand,
others are Febi, Meyle, Ina (which, on Pelican Parts, has a higher rating
then the first Febi or Meyle) and even genuine Mercedes if you want to pay
a premium.

I'm looking at Auto Haus Arizona (Phoenix) and Pelican Parts (Harbor
City, CA) since they are closer to me than others.

So what brand of parts should I go for?

Craig