ICE detention facility?

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Floyd
Thursby via Mercedes
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2019 8:46 AM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: Floyd Thursby
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Dividend check coming for Rich -

That is a good question that the Brain Trust has been trying to figure
out.  I think they sold off all the materials and equipment at auction
(some good deals) but so far no one has any scheme for it.  It is kinda
out in the boonies (economic stimulus you know) so that affects what
might be attractive about the site.

For a good price we could create a co-op and buy it and use it as a home
for old Benzes!

--FT

On 8/2/19 11:30 AM, G Mann via Mercedes wrote:
> So, the question rises. What is an abandoned nuke plant, perhaps in some
> phase of construction, worth?
> Land bargain? Business opportunity? Site for day schools for toddlers? ????
> Inquiring minds want to know.

> Virus-free.
>
> On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 8:08 AM Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
>> I get my electrons from our local co-op which I suppose buys the
>> electrons from SCE&G so I'm not sure if I will get my check or not.
>>
>> I was at a thing Tuesday evening and one of the PSC commissioners who
>> voted on this mess was there, his wife is quite lovely, I sorta know
>> her, but he is kind of a d*ck.  They had to take off so I did not get a
>> chance to chat him up on this thing.
>>
>> --FT
>>
>> On 8/2/19 10:46 AM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
>>> NUCLEARSmall checks are in the mail over abandoned S.C. plantsPublished:
>>> Friday, August 2, 2019
>>>
>>> A South Carolina private utility is sending out small checks to customers
>>> who paid for their share of more than $2 billion for two nuclear reactors
>>> that were abandoned without ever producing power.
>>>
>>> Dominion Energy South Carolina said it was sending the first checks as
>> part
>>> of a legal settlement yesterday — a day after the second anniversary of
>> the
>>> decision to stop construction at the V.C. Summer site.
>>>
>>> The checks up to $100 are part of a $146 million settlement
>>> <http://www.scegratepayersettlement.com/> and will go to customers of
>> South
>>> Carolina Electric & Gas during the time the reactors were being built.
>>>
>>> Some customers will get refunds on their current bills.
>>>
>>> Virginia-based Dominion bought SCE&G after the plants were abandoned.
>>>
>>> Another round of checks will come after SCE&G property is sold. *—
>>> Associated Press*
>>>
>> --
>> --FT

--FT