On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 01:42:57 -0700 "Alex Chamberlain"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4630110321
>
> Out here on the West coast there are so many old Benzes for sale that I
> don't feel the need to investigate each and every one that comes up, but
> I'm really tempted to go and check this thing out.  How often do you get
> a chance to drive a Ponton, let alone a diesel one?  I promise a full
> report if I do.
>
> I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the sight of the tow hitch on
> the back, though.

As long as it hasn't pulled the bumper attachments out, you should be OK.
I noticed that Benz, too, and was intrigued until I saw:

      http://i9.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/c3/96/59_12.JPG

Running an engine without an air filter is a way to ruin it in short
order. Having been burnt that way before, I'm really leery of the car.
I sent a message to the seller commenting about the lack of an air filter
and got no response.

My Dad lives in Eugene, so going there to get the car isn't out of the
question.

Craig