Several states are building that into the plate fees now.
$90 in Michigan for EVs, $30 for PHEVs.
Should I tell them that the average Volt does more electric miles per year than
most EVs, which don't get driven very far?
What's funny is when the states that subsidized the purchase of the EVs with
four digit tax rebates start punishing the same buyers with increased
registration fees.

Mitch.