> Dan wrote:

> Don’t know, but it’s a crew cab and 4x4.

I'd sure like it!  7.3, crew cab, 4WD, manual, long bed.  The
interior looks "soft".  I like more utility for pickups - but this
combination is not terribly common.  It's rather far away, so the
sell price would have to be pretty low for me to be able to pull
it off.

> I can’t imagine having to row through six speeds. Like driving a
> semi.

Like a big truck, you don't have to use all the ratios all the
time.  Though most big trucks have a lot more than 6.  I did drive
a straight shift (not dual range) 7 speed about 25 years ago.  It
was a lousy truck in the hills but managed okay  with less than
40,000# and not leaving the great plains.

9 and 10 speeds are pretty common for fleet trucks.  13 speed is
a nice to drive, but usually is not in fleet trucks - often found
on Owner Operator rigs.  If it works offroad (dump trailer,
low-boy, over-size) 15 and 18 speed transmissions are the way to
go.