On Sat, Aug 31, 2019, 12:31 PM Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

Hi Craig!  I've not been keeping up - have you moved yet?  Hope you stay
warm and dry this week!

https://fi.google.com/compatibility shows the compatibility of phones
made by Apple, Google, htc, Huawei, LG, Motorola, Samsung, and Other.

I've been on Fi for a long time.  It is not the cheapest, and occasionally
calls take a few seconds longer than I expect to connect, but I keep it for
primarily two reasons.
- When there is no T-Mobile signal it roams to Sprint, and vice versa.
Other MVNOs are one or the other.
- One account can share data with (now 4) data devices, which work on
T-Mobile only.  I have the kids set up this way, they take a couple of my
phones when they want to stay connected.  It also let me stick data SIMs
into my laptop, wife's tablet, LTE hotspot, etc. without having to worry
about an extra monthly fee - I just pay for data if I use it.  The data SIM
works on any unlocked phone or device, or at least I haven't run into
anything that had an issue.

Fi also has native tethering, free international data (I've used it in the
Caribbean and India), bill tops out at $70 for up to 22 gigs before there
is a bandwidth limit - though we've only once exceeded 5 gigs so I can't
really say what happens after 22.  Usually my bill is between $40 and $60 for
service and data, before the children started frequently carrying phones it
was closer to $30.

When I signed up you had to activate on a supported phone but you could
move the SIM around once it was active.  For new phones I like the Moto X4
(son is mostly using that now), and the newer Moto G model works with Fi
and is cheaper at retail.  The new Pixel is coming out soon so you could
probably get fire sale pricing on the Pixel 3.  If you don't mind getting
an old working phone and replacing a battery I really like my original
Pixel, and the Nexus 6 was great too.

Best,
Tim