In a message dated 4/17/2006 10:20:06 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Hi,  All.
So, there I was in the junkyard, congratulating myself for  paying only $10
for a Becker radio from a 300E, it never having occurred to me  to CHECK the
numbers, hence the subject line. The radio is numbered BE 1480  and, when
tested, displays "WAIT".
Question:- Am I missing some  other part? For example:- Amplifier or CD or?
Or is it that the number of my  active synapses is below some useful threshold?

Fred,

I think the wait display means you have to enter a code, known only to the
dealer.  You may have to go back and get the vin number of the wrecked car  to
prove you haven't stolen the radio.  The serial number on the radio can  also
be used but proof of ownership (receipt?) is neccessary.

Finally, if you try to enter an invalid code, it will make you wait a  period
of time, with power on to the radio, before you can enter another  code.
Each time you make a mistake, the interval grows longer, as long as  1 hour,
and
the power must remain continously on.

Regards,

Jim  Friesen