If you haven't tried grass fed beef you should, the taste is noticeably more,
I dunno, "beefy" I guess.
You've probably had grass fed beef and just didn't know why the steak was more
flavorful.
In general the only "downside" of grass fed is that it'll have more irregular
marbling. Sometimes more, sometimes less, no matter which it'll be more
flavorful.
I'm actually starting to look around for a local farmer to sell me a quarter
beef. We've got a big freezer and the last of the moose meat is about gone.
With no more moose on the horizon (season is next week, no permit) I'm thinking
local grass fed beef is a good alternative.
Although I did get a doe permit in MA this year. I suspect the group I hunted
with last year will be extra friendly this fall...
-Curt

    On Tuesday, September 10, 2019, 6:51:21 PM EDT, OK Don via Mercedes