I pulled the drive shaft on the 98 E300 to cure the increasingly worse vibration when taking off from a start, which I assumed was the center support.  When I dropped the exhaust shield, yep, center support was shot.  Along with that I replaced the front flex disk and trans mount.  The rear flex disk was done when I replace the differential.  The differential cover has also been leaking for a while and I discovered when I sealed the cover before installing it I failed to torque the bolts all the way down. Wow.  I was able to unbolt it from the car with a jack under it and was able to drop it down and push it forward enough to get the bolts off without pulling the axles.  Removed the cover cleaned it up and applied the sealant and torqued them down properly this time.  Got it reinstalled, slammed the drive shaft back in, filled the diff with oil and job done.  Drive it up the street and problem solve.  It is way more quite and smooth.  Seems to have more power too, but not sure how that could be.  Maybe it was because I have been keeping out of the pedal to keep it from banging around.

---
https://www.avg.com