Hi Tim,
The engine is strong.  It always started 1st try even down to the low teens without using the block heater.  Tranny is from Rusty/Sun Valley.

The rear suspension was the death knell - before we discovered the suspension points in the rear, that connect the rear axle/suspension to the body is rusted & no longer connected.   Basically the rear of the car is resting on the rear suspension.

IMO repairing it would be difficult and my limited mobility would prevent me backyard engineering it. ;-) You can write me direct at l02tur...@comcast.net is you prefer. Sometimes my Mercedes email gets lost in the quantity of mail.

I do want to see the whole car removed and not just the engine if that's acceptable?

Larry