On Sat, 28 Sep 2019 21:21:25 -0600 Craig via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Sep 2019 20:15:16 -0700 G Mann via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > If you grab one and squeeze it, it will turn to hairy dust, or some
> > form of that.
>
> Actually, Grant, in this case, no. The strips look perfectly fine and do
> not decompose. They may have lost their springiness, causing their
> slips, but they look normal.

Thinking more about it (it's been awhile since I had the back seat of our
'82 240D/3.0 out) and looking at my pictures of the W123 front-seat
rebuild I did when we lived in Austin, Texas, I realized the strips are
not not horsehair, they are felt.

Craig