Donald,

Some suggestions:

1.) Stop. Take a few steps back and stop trying to solve the car’s (perceived)
issues collectively. Taking a shotgun approach to a car that is new and unknown
to you is rarely productive.

2.) Try to make a list of the issues. Pick one and resolve it, then move to the
next one on the list. If you run into a wall with something, move on to the
next and circle back when others are resolved.

3.) Assume that everything is messed up. Take whatever the PO told you and
forget it, as it will color your opinions regarding what is or isn’t wrong.
Start clean with every issue and make no assumptions until you know they’re
fact. My rule is to ignore everything the PO said and start from scratch.
Rarely will you find someone as knowledgeable as yourself or this group,
meaning that what you’re being told by the PO is probably wrong.

Observations on my part based on things you’ve said of late:

Clean out the boost line from the back of the intake manifold to the vacuum
control valve on the firewall and to the IP. I’m betting your lack of power is
the classic “no boost” scenario due to a clogged boost line.

Find a diagram for the switchover valves and get that sorted. Plug the EGR line
with a BB or golf tee. Replace the worn out switchover valve levers that I’m
betting are worn away to nothing. They’re pocket change from the dealer.

Forget everything the PO told you about the ACC. Check the blower fuse first.
It’s undersized and prone to fail. Mercedes has a retrofit kit to relocate the
fuse out of the fuse box and use a strip fuse of a higher amperage. I can get
the number if you can’t find it in the archives - I’ve posted it here a couple
of times, cost is around $20 from the dealer.

With the fuse sorted, check the system for operation. Some good suggestions on
the blower motor in the event it needs brushes. The ACC controller rarely
fails, ignore it for now. Your push button unit may need to be resoldered, if
you’re handy with a soldering iron it’s an easy fix.

Back to vacuum...

There is a rather lengthy dissertation I wrote for Richarde’s mbz.org on
adjusting and troubleshooting the vacuum system with the IP and transmission,
I.e., modulator adjustment. If you can’t find it I’ll dig up a copy.

Small steps, man. It’s like eating an elephant - lots and lots of small bites.

-D