With jobs, I like to say it isnt so much what they pay you as it is what
you have to do to get the money.

Similarly with health insurance, the cost is only half of what you should
consider. The other half is what kind of doctor you get if you get sick.
With PPO, you decide where you go. With HMO, someone else decides, and you
may or may not like the answer. For routine stuff it is fine. For anything
complex or specialized surgical stuff, it's a different story.