On Apr 18, 2006, at 7:20 PM, Joe Knight wrote:

Took weeks to squeeze a clear acceptance of liability out of 'em.
Didn't feel it was wise to ask until then, and of course after they
made a lowball offer to total & settle their position was that they
don't provide rentals once an offer to settle is on the table.
Finally after I finished massaging them on that point and they'd
agreed to fix the wagon, they did authorize a rental & I managed to
negotiate for a minivan by demanding something of at least equal
hauling capacity as the wagon.  I didn't take them up on that until
last week when my mom had a little heart attack & we had to run down
to their place & play nursemaid for a couple of days.  Kept the
Aerostar for a week; just returned it yesterday.  The Enterprise
invoice to Farmers of which I have a copy is for $354.92.  I'm
thinkin' that may give me a little leverage when the time comes.

joe

Its amazing what you can get screwed out of if you don't stand-up and fight for your rights. I hope your Mom's OK.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am