I got the impression that it had nothing to do with bandwidth. Here is a quote of what I read,

What's not so good about Tablo?

One thing we haven't touched on yet gets a little technical. Tablo has some additional hardware inside that "transcodes" the video stream from MPEG-2 to H.264. If you're not up on your video codecs (and we don't blame you at all if that isn't the sort of thing you think of on a regular basis), that means the video stream is converted from one format to another.

The idea behind this is twofold, in this case: Tablo transcodes the video so that it takes up less room on the hard drive when you're recording, and so that it requires less bandwidth when you're streaming the video to various devices in your home.

Transcoding in and of itself is not a bad thing. But the downsides to this? First is that there's a noticeable lag time when you change to a different and it starts the transcoding process. We're talking 10 or 15 seconds or so. If you're an impatient channel flipper (ahem), you'll absolutely notice this.

The other thing is that video quality can definitely suffer a bit, even though H.264 is supposed to help with that. It'll depend on your network and what devices you're streaming to — there can be a lot of variables here. Just be prepared, is all we're saying.

So I don't know if they have fixed it or if it isn't that noticeable.

Just wanted to get another opinion.

Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
That’s certainly possible, especially if you don’t have a lot of bandwidth, but
we haven’t seen it. We don’t really watch sports unless maybe a Succaneers game
is on, and that’s just to enjoy the sucking, so picture quality is not a
concern.

There’s more of an issue with the OTA (over the air) stations when it comes to
pixellation or quality, but again, we’re so close to the antennas here it
rarely occurs.

-D