Somehow you can get the state DMV to tell you who is the owner and who
holds the lien(s).  Might be a good start.  If you declare the car
abandoned and pay for registered letters to go out to those parties, and
they don't respond within some proscribed time-frame, you can claim title
to the car.
Max
Charleston SC