Well I bought it. Turns out it died some time ago in a friend’s driveway. He or
his consort got tired of it being there so had it towed, unbeknownst to the
owner. The tow yard wants $275 bail. The owner kid is beside himself. Totally
discombobulated. The dumbass redneck friend is all discombobulated too. The
whole things a mess. He asks if I still want to buy it. I say let’s go look at
it.

So we go to the tow yard. The girl won’t let us look at it without paying. So
we go out to discuss the deal, some other guy comes out and says we can go look
at it. So we go back behind the shop. The dumbass friend is trying hard to make
up for this CF. Nice guy, just a dumbass.

It’s pretty nice. Black/black “Special Edition” whatever that is.  Front and
rear bumper covers have some small chunks missing, otherwise quite nice and
clean. Good paint, good leather interior, 124,500 miles. New tires, Lizetti
whatever those are. Some off brand but probably $400 right there. He was doing
Lyft with it, they inspected it to make sure it met standards, so he kept it
looking pretty good. Just had an oil change.

He has the keys but it throws this “start error” message and won’t crank. So we
discuss the deal. I offer to split the yard fee but he is really pained. Very
emotional. He’s leaving town Thursday to go to PA to take care of his senile
granny. So I offer 350 and he says he’d really like 400. So I cave in, go pay
the yard, and load it up. So $675 in it, whatever is wrong it seems like a
pretty good deal. I’ll go put the computer on it later and see what that says.

Oh and he doesn’t have the title but promised about a dozen times he’d get
right on it to get a replacement. So we’ll see about that.

Other than the drama it was a good day!  What fun...

Max you need to come help me get the 99 ML sorted and buy it.

--FT
Sent from iPhone