I am on the same page. I have always viewed the cars as primary forms of
transportation but now the e420 with the short diff ratio has me spoiled
for modern power and even though the 123 wagon is probably in the best
condition of all of them, it may need to get liquidated to make room for a
w123 wagon/648 swap. Then everything on the yard will have plenty of wheel
torque (for the stoplight wars).

20 years of driving underpowered iron kept me out of trouble for the
mostpart, but it is time to live a little.