Busy weekend, sort of

Began when SWMBA finally got confirmation the ‘yota was on the move north.
Seems the best way to suck a car to the GWN is to initiate the process from
this end instead of futzing around with generic and unproven brokers in the
lower 48.  I truly appreciate the information provided by the list and
contacted them to let them know the trouble had found a solution.  Local car
shippers have a whole nationwide network to get vehicles out of distant
geographic pockets and up here.  Must be all the DOD folks coming and going.
Something like 35k active members, with around 30k dependents.  Lots of cars
and trucks.

With the yota set to arrive in early December, me leaving for the holidays to
SEA until 2020, the order came out to lose the Yeep.  I had taken a set of
photos on a chilly, but very spectacular sunny day in a scenic setting a few
weeks ago, which have been living on the computer awaiting the blessed event.

SWMBA got the yeep from a co-worker five years ago for something like $2k.
While doing research for values and market conditions on the interwebs, I
figured that would be the high end sales figure, but given the lack of service
since her ownership, and the trade in suggested value of “you pay us”, I
thought I might be well pleased to net $1k, but posted it at $1800.

I expected the standard CL lag in interest and responses, and had not tracked
down ALL the paperwork for the car (title) though I had a stack of records
dating back to the window sticker and original financing docs in 1999.  After
my morning classes Thursday I composed some insightful copy and loaded up the
photo cache, even coughed up the $5, and posted the listing.

Within three minutes of it going live, I was getting slammed with inquiries.  I
suspected it would be too dark for anybody to actually look at the car, and I
needed to get SWMBA back to the garage with the title before I could proceed.
That meant Friday or Saturday would be best.  There was one fellow, very
persistent, who lived just down the road and wanted to see the car ASAP.  Well,
asap, after his wife got home, since she has the cash.  I said it would be fine
to come over in the dark so they could test drive it, but it might take a
smidge longer to close the deal.  Not a problem, I was told, so they show up
around 1840 and take it for a drive.  He comes back from the drive and will
take the car, do I want some cash to hold it or will a hand shake do.  Shook
hands and as they were walking back to their jeep, SWMBA arrives.  I send her
for the title and the deal is done.  Cash, full price, and all within four
hours of going live.

I had a full day of classes to take Friday, but was down to one car, so I was
UBER dude for SWMBA and got to try out her car on the slick icy roads.  That
Yeep drove like a buckboard wagon in comparison.  Not that her yota is all
that.

Saturday I wake up to this nasty white fluff floating out of the sky and
gathering upon the ground.  In a most quixotic and futile attempt to keep the
junk from becoming packed and developing into icy ridges when driven on, I was
out there shoveling everything not nailed down well unto 2100.  The weather app
said the stuff was going to taper off a bit past midnight.  This morning I
removed my sore shoulders and rotund gut from bed and lit off the snow blower
to clear the drive and sidewalk so SWMBA could head out to church.  Then I got
to get my morning coffee and see that it will remain cold for two more days,
then warm up and rain the rest of the week.

Works for me.  I get back to the SL and SDL next Sunday.

clay